any psql \copy tricks for default-value columns without source data?

From: David G Johnston <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: any psql \copy tricks for default-value columns without source data?
Date: 2014-05-06 20:22:20
Lists: pgsql-general

So, I am trying to import a file into a table and want to assign a sequence
value to each record as it is imported.

I know that I can pre-process the input file and simply add the needed data
but I am curious if maybe there is some trick to having defaults populate
for missing columns WITHOUT explicitly specifying each and every column that
is present?

Thanks!

David J.