Re: Server continuously enters to recovery mode.

From: DrakoRod <drakoflames(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server continuously enters to recovery mode.
Date: 2014-05-05 03:21:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody Thank you for your help!

I upgrade the version of 9.0.15 to 9.0.17. But after that constantly show
this error, in all sessions:

*WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server
process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command. *

The problem was in the database template0, this had a problem with the
index, I saw in the log when server started, this error:

*PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662
*

So, I tried REINDEX but this crash. But I saw when I tried connect to the
database template0, showed this error:

* PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662 *

So decided drop database.

* DROP DATABASE template0; *

But I saw this error:

*ERROR: cannot drop a template database *

Then run this query and after that DROP DATABASE:

*UPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate='false' WHERE datname='template0';
*

After that I delete the database template0 and resolved it!!

Thanks for all!! :)