Re: Postgresql Relations disappear

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: sergio dominguez <dgsergio84(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql Relations disappear
Date: 2010-02-17 01:20:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

sergio dominguez <dgsergio84(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I started to work with postgresql but i find that all the relations I create
> disappear when I quit (\q) from the interactive terminal or after load a sql
> file.

It's difficult to say for sure when you haven't showed us exactly what
you did, but one possibility is that you created the relations inside
a transaction and then forgot to commit the transaction before quitting.
Or perhaps you're creating them in a different database or different
schema than where you're subsequently looking. Note that \d without
any parameter will only show relations that are in your current
search_path.