database lagging

From: Pepe TD Vo <pepevo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: database lagging
Date: 2021-07-23 17:52:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am doing CIS Benchmart on Postgreql 12.  After alter parameters and when I tried to create a new role.  It's lagging and didn't prompt out the result, until I hit the ctl C key.  Even alter role.  All I needed to hit ctl C key if not, it hung there for ever.  Is there a way to fix it?
postgres=# create role appuser;^CCancel request sentCREATE ROLE
postgres=# ALTER ROLE appuser NOSUPERUSER;^CCancel request sentALTER ROLE
 postgres=# ALTER ROLE appuser NOREPLICATION;^CCancel request sentALTER ROLE
postgres=# ALTER ROLE appuser NOCREATEROLE;^CCancel request sentALTER ROLE
postgres=# ALTER ROLE appuser NOHERIT;^CCancel request sentALTER ROLE