Re: JDBC executeBatch() hangs without error

From: Lezzlee <lkereszt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC executeBatch() hangs without error
Date: 2014-02-11 10:30:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,we found that *operations affecting triggers require exclisive lock on the
related tables*.We got FE=>Sync hang up problem and looked exactly like you
described here. It should not be a network issue. It can be reproduced on
both windows and linux platforms. However, our script was dropping and
(re)creating triggers and not a batch insert that you reported here
earlier.The solution was to * *close the current connection* to postgres*
establish a new one and run the script to modify the triggers* at the end
*commit and close the connection** establsih a new connection to continue
the work.I post our solution here because this is the most recent thread on
this topic which I've found. I hope this can help others with this magic
connection hang.Cheers,L