How to turn off DEBUG statements from psql commends

From: peterlen <peteralen(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to turn off DEBUG statements from psql commends
Date: 2014-02-10 15:43:33
Lists: pgsql-general

We are using PostgreSQL 9.3. Something seems to have changed with our psql
command-line output since we first installed it. When I run commands at my
plsql prompt, I am getting a lot of debug statements which I was not getting
before. I am just trying to find out how to tell psql not to display this
output. As an example, if I were to create a new 'test' schema, the output
looks like:

gis_demo=# create schema test;
DEBUG: StartTransactionCommand
DEBUG: StartTransaction
DEBUG: name: unnamed; blockState: DEFAULT; state: INPROGR,
xid/subid/cid:
0/1/0, nestlvl: 1, children:
LOG: statement: create schema test;
DEBUG: ProcessUtility
DEBUG: CommitTransactionCommand
DEBUG: CommitTransaction
DEBUG: name: unnamed; blockState: STARTED; state: INPROGR,
xid/subid/cid:
15099/1/1, nestlvl: 1, children:
CREATE SCHEMA
gis_demo=#

Before, all I would get is the CREATE SCHEMA feedback. Not sure what may
have caused this change on our end but does anyone know how to turn it off?

Thanks - Peter