Re: Drop all overloads of a function without knowing parameter types

From: David Johnston <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Drop all overloads of a function without knowing parameter types
Date: 2014-02-04 17:45:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane-2 wrote
> I wonder whether we shouldn't address this by adding a few examples
> of that type of trick to the docs. Not sure where, though ...

Probably the Wiki would be a better place to put this kind of material. A
link to there from "21. Managing Database" would seem to be most
appropriate.

Adding another section to chapter III is a possibility as well. Something
like: "XX. Database Scripting". It could point to the Wiki as well as
cross-reference both the "System Catalogs" section and the "PL/pgSQL[...]"
section with a brief overview of the kinds of activities that are not
provided for by standard internal functions or SQL commands.

David J.