SNMP Collection with PostgreSQL Stored Proc, what lang?

From: bobspero <bobspero(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SNMP Collection with PostgreSQL Stored Proc, what lang?
Date: 2014-02-01 20:59:39
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a postgresql dB where I want to SNMP some information from a few
servers and store them in my database. Is this something that can be done
with a stored procedure or do I have to build an external utility type of
app? If it is doable is this something the postgeres language or do I have
to do something like python or java?