Re: permission denied for relation

From: Ovid <curtis_ovid_poe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: JotaComm <jota(dot)comm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: permission denied for relation
Date: 2014-01-30 14:13:56
Lists: pgsql-general

> First: CREATE ROLE and CREATE DATABASE;

> After: CREATE TABLEs;

> Last: GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE and DELETE.

OK, I dropped the database. Since I have the user already created, I recreated the database. Then I created all of the tables. Then I did this:

postgres=# GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO veure_user;
GRANT
postgres=# GRANT INSERT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO veure_user;
GRANT
postgres=# GRANT UPDATE ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO veure_user;
GRANT
postgres=# GRANT DELETE ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO veure_user;
GRANT

Same error: permission denied for relation "users". And when I do \dt:

 Schema |       Name        | Type  |   Owner
--------+-------------------+-------+------------
 public | users             | table | veure_user

So I'm still missing something here :)

I'm sure my password is correct because this works (password in .pgpass, though the fact that I'm connecting suggests that my password is fine):

$ psql -U veure_user -d veure
psql (9.1.11)
Type "help" for help.

Cheers,
Ovid
--
IT consulting, training, international recruiting
       http://www.allaroundtheworld.fr/.

Hello,