Re: pg_repack solves alter table set tablespace lock

From: Ying He <yinghe0101(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_repack solves alter table set tablespace lock
Date: 2014-01-27 14:15:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thank you Josh. Won't double post again. Just thought reorg mailing list is quite inactive.

best,
Ying

On Friday, January 24, 2014 4:43 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Ying He <yinghe0101(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

I looked at the pg_repack usage and in release 1.2 http://reorg.github.io/pg_repack/. there is -s tablespace that claims to be an
online version of ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE

>is this the functionality that solves the alter table set tablespace lock issue?

Cross-posting to multiple lists in quick succession is generally considered rude; I see you have posted to the reorg-general list already, which is the right forum for questions about pg_repack. (And yes, that "-s" flag sounds like what you are after.)

 Josh