Re: fastest dump/restore

From: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fastest dump/restore
Date: 2014-01-27 09:56:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Le dimanche 26 janvier 2014 à 10:27 -0700, Scott Ribe a écrit :
> Is there an article anywhere which documents everything the current state of the art for the fastest dump/restore? What dump/restore format & options? What things to tweak in the config? I've picked up a few bits here and there along the line, but was just wondering if there's a comprehensive source of current advice.

pg_dump has its documentation :
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-pgdump.html

see also 14.4.9. Some Notes About pg_dump in :
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/populate.html

--
Regards, Vincent Veyron

http://libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software