Re: debugging triggers - get original statement?

From: gmb <gmbouwer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: debugging triggers - get original statement?
Date: 2014-01-15 11:30:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanks for your reply, Lucazeo.

> BUT: it is dangerous in production: you can fill your file system very
> fast and slow down the system.

Yes, this was my concern as well. In my current situation this may be too
risky.

>Another way is: modify the trigger and write informations you need in
>a specific table. Not an elegant solution but...

Exactly what I had in mind, but I hoped to be able to log the original
statement as well .
In that way I can simulate the problem-causing transactions exactly in a
more controlled env by running the scripts as in the log table.

Thanks any way.