Solution for Synonyms

From: mrprice22 <mrprice1(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Solution for Synonyms
Date: 2013-11-22 18:25:04
Lists: pgsql-general

We are in the process of moving from Oracle to PostgreSQL. We use a stored
procedure to populate some reporting tables once an hour. There are two
sets of these tables, set A and set B. We use synonyms to point to the
“active” set of tables at any given time.

The procedure works like this:

1. If set A tables are “active” truncate set B tables or if set A tables are
“active” truncate set B tables.
2. Populate set B tables.
3. Set synonyms to point to set B tables.

How might I accomplish the same thing in PostgreSQL?

Thanks,
Mark