Re: Random server overload

From: "Viktor Juhanson" <spoon(at)planet(dot)ee>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Random server overload
Date: 2013-10-08 13:20:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

It's me again..

Log_connection inspection didn't help to find the cause, the connections come from our app-servers as usual..

Btw we have the max pool size of web application 50 connections and since we have 4 instances of application running  it makes max 200.

I don't really get how the database pool gets full when application can use 200 connections max and postrgesql config has set to 250 max connections ?

Autovacuum and master-slave replication shouldn't use many connections also.

Please explain that, maybe i'm missing something.

Should we try to reduce this limit to 40 per application?