Re: Using regexp_matches in the WHERE clause

From: spulatkan <seckinpulatkan(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using regexp_matches in the WHERE clause
Date: 2013-08-29 13:12:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

I noticed that regexp_matches already returns the rows which matches the
regular expression

now when I make a full table select query

but if I make a search with regexp_matches, it only returns rows that
matches regular expression

on pgadmin the column type is shown as text[] thus I also do not understand
why array_length on where condition does not work for this.

But maybe as it was pointed out, the return type is setof text[], that the
result could have been like this (one row of data may result in multiple
rows)

If you have a regular expression that may end in one or more elements in the
text[] then you may use inner query

ps: last query is pointless as it will return 2 elements for each row (that
matches the regular expression), but there may be a regular expression that
may return one or more elements for each row