Re: BUG #8366: getClob() stopped working from which version?

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: "vaishu(dot)sweety02(at)gmail(dot)com" <vaishu(dot)sweety02(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #8366: getClob() stopped working from which version?
Date: 2013-08-06 21:14:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"vaishu(dot)sweety02(at)gmail(dot)com" <vaishu(dot)sweety02(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I have a table with TEXT column in it.. When I used version
> 8.3.21 previously, getClob() worked to retrieve the column's
> data.. but now its not working.. getString() is working and I am
> using that to retrieve the value.

Please give the exact version of both PostgreSQL and the JDBC
driver jar used when you saw a problem.  If you can create a short,
self-contained test case, that would help.

With so little data this can only be a guess, but I'm guessing you
may not have updated your JDBC driver jar to a version new enough
to understand all the new options for data formatting on the newer
PostgreSQL version.  This link may be helpful:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html#current

If using the latest driver doesn't solve the problem, try setting
this property on connection:

  binaryTransfer=false

This is supposed to make things faster, but all the bugs might not
be out of it yet.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com