Re: How to do incremental / differential backup every hour in Postgres 9.1?

From: amulsul <sul_amul(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to do incremental / differential backup every hour in Postgres 9.1?
Date: 2013-07-26 08:32:24
Lists: pgsql-general

>5. should I use the --xlog parameter and if so do I need to change
wal_keep_segments from 0?

you have already use --xlog as -x in your above command of pg_basebackup
.

yes it better to change wal_keep_segments, if you want start a postmaster
directly in the extracted directory without the need to consult the log
archive, thus making this a completely standalone backup.

Regards,
Amul Sul