Re: How to properly index hstore tags column to faster search for keys

From: idc danny <idcdanny(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to properly index hstore tags column to faster search for keys
Date: 2013-07-08 12:16:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Stefan
1 - If you have a fixed data that does not change a lot, like I assume is your fixed 'map' try implementing in your app the hashtrie method. This looks as better approach as your query is quite fast. Usually I am starting to query my queries (or the query planner) when they start to take more the 2 seconds. The fact that you continuously call it for your next node it might not be the best approach.
2 - As mentioned by Richard, try either to delete the nodes that does not belong to "historic" / "tourist" or simply split the table in 2. One that have only them and the rest to the other table. Assuming this will not change a lot the other already implemented queries in your app (because you'll have to make a 1-to-1 now) it might save your day.
Danny