Cluster restart

From: Hombakazi Cynthia Jozela <hombakazij(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Cluster restart
Date: 2013-07-01 20:47:48
Lists: pgsql-students

I am new in Postgresql, and as a start,I just I attended a short postgresql course from EnterpriseDB, but unfortunately I did not know Linux at all as I have been on windows , but I had no choice as it was rendered using Linux, so I am just testing my knowledge as I will be taking an online course very soon and I am stuck.

I wanted to restart postgres cluster after I made changes on postgresql.conf, a propt for the postgres password appears, i provide it and i know its correct I even reserted it but i get the message that "sorry, try again" . What could I possible be doing wrong?

this is what I did:
[postgres(at)localhost ~]$ vi /opt/PostgreSQL/9.2/data/postgresql.conf to change conf file and I successfully did it

then

[postgres(at)localhost ~]$ /opt/PostgreSQL/9.2/scripts/serverctl.sh restart

then it says
[sudo] password for postgres:

I could not move on from here.

Ngejane Hombakazi