Re: UNNEST result order vs Array data

From: gmb <gmbouwer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UNNEST result order vs Array data
Date: 2013-06-20 11:00:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Vik
Thanks for the reply.
Can you please give me an example of how the order is specified?
I want the result of the UNNEST to be in the order of the array field
E.g.
SELECT UNNEST ( ARRAY[ 'abc' , 'ggh' , '12aa' , '444f' ] );
Should always return:

unnest
--------
abc
ggh
12aa
444f

How should the ORDER BY be implemented in the syntax?

Regards