Re: DELETE...RETURNING problem with libpq

From: Wolfe Whalen <wolfe(at)quios(dot)net>
To: Brice André <brice(at)famille-andre(dot)be>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DELETE...RETURNING problem with libpq
Date: 2013-05-25 12:00:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Brice,

I believe that you'll need PQcmdTuples - "Returns the number of rows
affected by the SQL command."

Watch out, it returns char* instead of int. I believe it's supposed to
be used for the UPDATE ... RETURNING as well, but I'd double check on
that.

It's under "30.3.3. Retrieving Result Information for Other Commands"
in the 8.4 docs ("These functions are used to extract information
from PGresult objects that are not SELECT results."):

[1]http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/libpq-exec.html

Let us know if that helps or if we should dig into it a little deeper.

Best regards,

Wolfe

--
Wolfe Whalen