Re: Proposal to add connection request Wait-time in PSQL client.

From: amul sul <sul_amul(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal to add connection request Wait-time in PSQL client.
Date: 2013-05-20 07:01:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>>   in a way, we client terminal wont hangup by throwing  *The connection to
> the server was lost. Attempting reset: Failed. !*
> The thing is that this just should not be a routine occurrence. It's a
> minor irritation to me when debugging sometimes, but it's not something
> that you should be encountering in production. If you are, changing
> psql's reconnect behaviour is not necessarily the best solution. I'd try
> to work out why you're having so many unrecoverable disconnects and
> restarts and fix that instead.

Yes, I think so. This is very rare case, and won't have any affect in production.
Initially, IMO, I thought no harm if PSQL client wait for few seconds till server recovered properly and ready to accept connection.

Any way, I will follow-up your suggestion.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and explaining me actual needed things.

Regards,
Amul Sul