Re: msgtxt.php archive links broken

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>, "w^3" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: msgtxt.php archive links broken
Date: 2013-03-02 14:38:53
Lists: pgsql-www

> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 3:45 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> While we're griping about that sort of thing ... URLs like this used to
>> work to fetch a message by message-id:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/list/message-by-id.php?q=CAK3UJRGZfoRJsVBuhwQMAQbk1MPXx5TdOq24NxqCCGB4zQ3Ezg%40mail.gmail.com/

> Exactly what was the original URLs you guys tried? Becuase both those
> look like the result of having been rewritten/redirected... (Possibly
> incorrectly so..)

In my case that was the original URL. I have a link on my home page for
going straight to a copied-and-pasted message ID, which works like this:

<form action="http://archives.postgresql.org/message-by-id.php"
method="get" id="goto-message-id">
Archived message ID <input type="text" name="q" size="60" />
</form>

It's no trouble to change the form parameters, but this method requires
URLs that look like "...?something=messageid". I don't know if the new
site layout accepts anything like that.