Re: Huge pages not working on PG 9.4

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>, Michael Heaney <mheaney(at)jcvi(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Huge pages not working on PG 9.4
Date: 2015-01-17 16:46:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've very thin knowledge on this too, but I'll chip in with what I remember. Not sure if you'd have to set hugetlb_shm_group to the gid of the postgres user.

And I think you can see what support your kernel was compiled with this:

$ grep HUGE /boot/config-$(uname -r)

And a quick peek at what you've got set up currently:

$ grep -R "" /sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/ /proc/sys/vm/*huge*

$ cat /proc/meminfo |grep Huge

Perhaps if you post those to the list it'd help someone advise?