Creating a new database with a TEMPLATE did not work

From: mkumbale <mkumbale(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Creating a new database with a TEMPLATE did not work
Date: 2013-02-25 22:49:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, I am new to PostgreSQL. I have an empty PostgreSQL DB containing tables
but no data. I issued the following command in PGADMIN SQL editor:

CREATE DATABASE "NewDefault"
WITH OWNER = postgres
ENCODING = 'UTF8'
TEMPLATE = Default
TABLESPACE = pg_default
LC_COLLATE = 'English_United States.1252'
LC_CTYPE = 'English_United States.1252'
CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;

Although it created the NewDefault DB, it does not contain any of the tables
in Default. Default was disconnected when I executed this command.

What am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Murali