Re: Removing {"="} privledges

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Robert Fitzpatrick" <robert(at)webtent(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Users" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Removing {"="} privledges
Date: 2002-10-12 19:14:05
Lists: pgsql-general

"Robert Fitzpatrick" <robert(at)webtent(dot)com> writes:
> We have a Cobalt RaQ4r that uses Postgres as the back-end of it's
> management GUI. I created a Postgres user and gave the user privledges
> (SELECT only) to the Cobalt database so I could read information into
> a web app of our own. When I did this, it added the {"="} privledge to
> that database privledges for all tables and I started having problems
> with the GUI.

The GUI is broken if it can't cope with that form of privilege display.
However, if you are not in a position to fix the GUI, you could try
setting pg_class.relacl to NULL:

update pg_class set relacl = NULL where relacl = '{"="}';

(I think that will work, but you'd be well advised to try it inside
a transaction block, and look to make sure the results seem sane
before committing...)