Re: ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery

From: Toomas Kristin <toomas(dot)kristin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: RAJAMOHAN <garajamohan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
Date: 2020-06-25 06:48:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Basically I had the same topic recently and based on observation I would say that configuration parameter hot_standby_feedback disables no only some vacuuming operations but something else as well. I played thru the same scenario where I disabled hot_standby_feedback and and vacuuming, but still had conflicts on standby node. I am on opinion that the conflict is not related with the table that has disabled vacuuming the conflict may be related with any table instead that is used during the same session/connection.

I would suggest to make sure that application/client disconnects from standby node as soon as possible in order to release all possible locks/blockers on master that may cause bloating.

BR,
Toomas