Re: oracle_fdw

From: hartrc <rhart2(at)mt(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: oracle_fdw
Date: 2012-10-19 13:53:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Laurenz for your post...

Some more info
Oracle Server:Oracle 11g R2 (11.2.0.2.0)
Client: 11.2
Was installed using Oracle Universal Installer

I don't really want to post the full environment of the postmaster but
basically I could see no entry in there for ORACLE_HOME or TNS_ADMIN, should
I?

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=mypostgreshomedirectory/lib

are there any others in particular of interest?

Here is my fdw, server and foreign table specs. I have 'myinstancename'
defined in tnsnames.ora which is in $ORACLE_HOME/NETWORK/ADMIN

CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER oracle_fdw
HANDLER oracle_fdw_handler
VALIDATOR oracle_fdw_validator;
ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER oracle_fdw
OWNER TO postgres;

CREATE SERVER myinstancename
FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER oracle_fdw
OPTIONS (dbserver 'myinstancename');
ALTER SERVER myinstancename
OWNER TO postgres;

CREATE FOREIGN TABLE public.wild_lek
("WL_ID" integer ,
"WL_ALIAS" character varying(50) ,
"WL_AHM_FL" character varying(1) ,
"WL_INACTIVE_FL" character varying(1) ,
"WL_SATELLITE_FL" character varying(20) ,
"WL_LESPPSG_FL" character varying(1) )
SERVER myinstancename
OPTIONS (table 'MYUSER.MYTABLE');
ALTER FOREIGN TABLE 'MYUSER.MYTABLE' OWNER TO postgres;

Rob