From: Gary Giumarra <ggiumarra(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2012-09-26 17:36:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

Renaming a table by right clicking on the table, selecting Properties... on the
contextual menu and then editing the Name field on the Properties tab and then
clicking on the OK button will consistently cause a freeze up of the pgAdminIII
app. I have to then force quit the app using the Task Manager. I have found this
problem on two different sites that I am accessing using the built in Windows
Terminal Services RDP client (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Service Pack 1).
Note that each time I have done this I between clicking on the OK button and the
freeze up a "hints' dialog is shown giving me a hint on Primary Keys (the tables
in question do not have primary keys since they are only used to import data
from text files); when I acknowledge/dismiss the hint by clicking OK, the freeze
up occurs. Also, when I relaunch pgAdminIII I have noticed that the rename
successfully occurred.

Gary Giumarra
DealerBuilt-Lightyear Dealer Technologies, LLC.
Senior Accounting Developer

Bakersfield, CA
661-399-4040 (day + eve.)
661-301-3204 (mobile + text)
gary(dot)giumarra(at)dealerbuilt(dot)com

  • Re: at 2012-09-28 17:43:15 from Guillaume Lelarge