Re: Missing link in Developer FAQ

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing link in Developer FAQ
Date: 2012-08-22 15:38:24
Lists: pgsql-www

Excerpts from Tatsuo Ishii's message of mié ago 22 04:13:24 -0400 2012:
> Hi,
>
> While translating:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ#How_is_the_source_code_organized.3F
>
> I found that a link in the page:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/ext.backend.html
>
> does not exist anymore.
>
> Does anybody know where it is currently?

It's here:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/tools/backend/index.html;hb=master

Sadly, the links in it don't work.

Maybe the right fix is to have the website expose it again. I don't
think it was broken on purpose; my guess is that it was overlooked when
the website was migrated to the Django stuff.

I note that it says at the bottom "last updated ... 2005". I think
keeping this in the git repository has been a mistake. Maybe this is
not useful anymore?

See also
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20080907205212.GE3975@alvh.no-ip.org