Re: Failing GSSAPI TCP when connecting to server

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter <pmc(at)citylink(dot)dinoex(dot)sub(dot)org>, "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failing GSSAPI TCP when connecting to server
Date: 2024-09-30 02:05:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2024 at 2:00 PM Peter <pmc(at)citylink(dot)dinoex(dot)sub(dot)org> wrote:
>> My application is trying to connect the database server, and meanwhile
>> tries to talk to the KDC server for a service ticket.

>> A configuration problem on the machine(s) can be ruled out,

> Famous last words.

The TCP trace looks like the client side is timing out too quickly
in the unsuccessful case. It's not clear to me how the different
Discourse version would lead to the Kerberos library applying a
different timeout. Still, it seems like most of the moving parts
here are outside of Postgres' control --- I don't think that libpq
itself has much involvement in the KDC communication.

I concur with looking at the Discourse release notes and maybe asking
some questions in that community.