Automating Backup & Restore

From: smiley2211 <smiley2211(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Automating Backup & Restore
Date: 2007-10-24 14:39:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

Does someone have a script that backups a database from one server and
restores it to another server??? I am NEW to Postgresql so I am starting
from scratch...

so, in essence - what I want to do is (I CURRENTLY DO THIS MANUALLY):

Server1 (IS IT POSSIBLE TO DUMP DIRECTLY TO SERVER2??)
pg_dump > filename.dmp
scp filename.dmp to SERVER2

Server2
psql -d mydb -f filename.dmp