Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)
Date: 2021-06-18 22:26:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr> writes:
>> Could you please just shut down the animal until that's dealt with?

> The test is failing because there is a problem, and shuting down the test
> to improve a report does not in any way help to fix it, it just helps to
> hide it.

Our buildfarm is run for the use of the Postgres project, not the LLVM
project. I'm not really happy that it contains any experimental-compiler
animals at all, but as long as they're unobtrusive I can stand it.
serinus and seawasp are being the opposite of unobtrusive.

If you don't want to shut it down entirely, maybe backing it off to
run only once a week would be an acceptable compromise. Since you
only update its compiler version once a week, I doubt we learn much
from runs done more often than that anyway.