Re: Slow query in 8.2.0

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Manuel Sugawara <masm(at)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Slow query in 8.2.0
Date: 2006-12-13 23:52:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Manuel Sugawara <masm(at)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx> writes:
> I have a query that use to work fine in 3 or 4 releases before 8.2 but
> now it's very slow, same database same data set, explain analyze
> follows:

You've omitted all the interesting details --- obviously
registro_trayectoria is a view, but of what? Please show the table and
view definitions involved.

8.2 is a good bit more conservative than previous releases about
optimizing views involving volatile functions, so I'm wondering whether
that could have anything to do with it ...