Re: Unable to determine what has a particular OID

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andy Dale <andy(dot)dale(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to determine what has a particular OID
Date: 2010-06-18 15:27:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Andy Dale <andy(dot)dale(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> OK, I have just run the query, and both are in the same database.

OK. Given the narrow range of timestamps on the files, the most
likely bet here is that you're looking at the leftovers from a
"CREATE TABLE AS" or similar command that failed partway through and
for some reason didn't clean up the files it'd created. As I mentioned,
this'd be unsurprising if there'd been a database crash or kill -9
or something similar involved. Anyway I think you've done enough to
establish that "rm'ing" those files will be safe. (But if you're
paranoid you might want to save them someplace first.)