Re: Problem with dropping a tablespace

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Oliver Siegmar <o(dot)siegmar(at)vitrado(dot)de>
Cc: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with dropping a tablespace
Date: 2005-08-02 17:49:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Oliver Siegmar <o(dot)siegmar(at)vitrado(dot)de> writes:
> I did a hexdump on the files within the tabelspace directory...no business
> data at all, only postgres internals (I saw a lot of function names and
> datatypes).

Would you look at pg_class in particular (file 1259) and confirm that it
contains only names of Postgres system catalogs and indexes, no tables
of your own?

If so, I think the evidence is pretty strong that this database was in
process of being created. A DB that had actually gotten used at all
would have more entries in pg_class.