Re: Query performance issue

From: Jayadevan <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query performance issue
Date: 2011-09-04 18:06:31
Lists: pgsql-performance

I don't think I understood all that. Anyway, is there a way to fix this -
either by rewriting the query or by creating an index? The output does match
what I am expecting. It does take more than 10 times the time taken by
Oracle for the same result, with PostgreSQL taking more than 20 minutes. I
am sort of stuck on this since this query does get executed often. By the
way, changing the filter from FAMNAM to GIVENNAME fetches results in 90
seconds. Probably there is a difference in the cardinality of values in
these 2 columns.