Usage of function retruning record in query

From: gmb <gmbouwer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Usage of function retruning record in query
Date: 2011-07-04 06:47:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi

I have a stored function returning a record consisting of two field, and
receiving as input a single identifier:

CREATE FUNCTION calcvalues(IN itemid VACHAR, OUT calcval1 NUMERIC, OUT
calcval2 NUMERIC)
RETURNS record...

Now, I want to use this function in a query as follows:

SELECT itemid, calcvalues(itemid) FROM itemlist;

which returns:
itemid | calcvalues
4 | (0.67,10.00)
5 | (1.55,45.00)
6 | (3.60,69.00)

Now, how should I go about to give the following output:

itemid | calcval1 | calcval2