Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] [Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] buildfarm notifications]

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, books(at)ejurka(dot)com
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] [Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] buildfarm notifications]
Date: 2005-06-20 03:57:39
Lists: buildfarm-members

Michael Glaesemann said:

> On Jun 20, 2005, at 12:38 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> Kris Jurka said:

>>> It might help to publish contact information for machines. Suppose a
>>> developer sees a failure, he can't do anything. He just has to
>>> assume
>>> the owner has noticed it and is working on fixing it. He cannot help
>>> debug it or offer additional insight into the problem.
>>>

>> I originally left out publishing the addresses because of privacy /
>> spam
>> concerns. I'm happy to revisit that design decision. Unless someone
>> objects
>> within the next week I'll work on that.
>
> Instead of publishing the email addresses directly, perhaps a simple
> form to forward a message to the owner? Then the owner can contact
> the interested party directly. Gives the owner a bit more control
> over the propagation of their contact info.

If that's what you want it will have to wait - I have a couple of plperl
tasks that I want to get done by Feature Freeze, and I suspect won't get
done unless I do them.

Honestly, I suspect everyone on this list has their contact info
sufficiently spread around that it won't get any benefit from being hidden.
Just posting on the -hackers list is enough, especially with the list being
mirrored to news.

cheers

andrew