Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Date: 2020-09-15 15:45:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On a different note, I became aware of this[1] and noticed that dropping
> "CREATE EXTENSION ... FROM" was not listed in the incompatibilities
> section, so proposing the attached. I have no strong opinions on the
> final wording, mainly wanted to get it listed.

It is listed already in the "Additional Modules" section (about line 2940
in release-13.sgml as of right now). I don't know Bruce's exact reasoning
for not including it in the "Incompatibilities" section, but I tend to
agree that it shouldn't be significant to any real-world user. I think
that the postgis testing issue you reference is just an ancient test
case that they should drop as no longer relevant.