Re: database instance creation

From: "prabakaran(dot)a" <prabakaran(dot)a(at)zohocorp(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database instance creation
Date: 2011-02-18 09:37:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks.

Thanks,

Prabakaran A

---- On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:54:09 +0530 Magnus Hagander &lt;magnus(at)hagander(dot)net&gt; wrote ----

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:35, prabakaran.a &lt;prabakaran(dot)a(at)zohocorp(dot)com&gt; wrote:
Dear All,

In Mysql, If we create a directory under mysql/data, mysql treated as database instance without starting mysql server.
Is there any similar provision in postgres where we can create a database instance without starting postgresql server.

No, unfortunately there isn't (that would never work, but in theory we could have some attach/detatch command that would do it but there is no such thing). You can do a dump/reload of a single database, but that's the only thing...

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/