In a moment of madness I destroyed...

From: Jerry Levan <jerry(dot)levan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: In a moment of madness I destroyed...
Date: 2014-02-03 00:33:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Today I updated my fedora machine from f19 to f20 without taking a
data dump.

When ‘fedup’ finished my 9.2.x binaries were updated to 9.3.x and
postgresql can no longer start…

I have all of the tables on another machine ( a mac running 9.1.x postgresql) so no important
data was lost. ( My db consists primarily of all of my financial transactions
for the last 14 years and some miscellaneous tables for stashing other interesting information.)

Any suggestions for recovery would be appreciated.

Would a text pg_dumpall from the mac be portable to the 9.3.x version on the PAE kerneled
fedora box?

It looks like I would at a minimum move the current pgsql directory and then do
the initdb and create user stuff…

I guess I could then possibly use the dblink stuff to suck the tables over one at a time…

Thanks

Dazed and Confused Jerry