[Pljava-dev] Problem with PLJava on production machine

From: bart(dot)de(dot)man at ticketmatic(dot)com (bartdeman)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Problem with PLJava on production machine
Date: 2011-03-11 08:39:09
Lists: pljava-dev

Hello,

I am working with PLJava on my development machine fine (win 7).

But when I try to install a jar on the production machine:
select sqlj.install_jar('file:///tmp/tmengine.jar','tmengine',true)

I always get a java.lang.NullPointerException error

This happens for all jars, even the helloworld example.

Creating and executing this function works fine:

CREATE FUNCTION getsysprop(VARCHAR)
RETURNS VARCHAR
AS 'java.lang.System.getProperty'
LANGUAGE java;

SELECT getsysprop('user.home');

This executes correctly and gives me the right result.

Any idea what might be causing this?
Machine runs Centos 5 - 32bit
DB is postgres 8.4
JRE 1.6

Or any suggestions on how I can get more debug info?

Thanks,
Bart