SSLeay's crypto interface.

From: Pawel Pierscionek <pawel(at)astercity(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: SSLeay's crypto interface.
Date: 1999-01-11 22:53:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've wrote some C functions to interface with crypto lib from SSLeay.
They are veeeeery alpha code but I'd like to know if someone is
interested before I close the project & put it down on the shelf.

Currently I support random number generator, bin/hex converting
functions, IDEA and RSA functions.
The code is very simple and not foolproof but one can make the
database really secure with RSA encrypted fields. I think of trying to
implement DSA to make it less localized :)

Sometimes it's necessary to maintain a DB with credit cards for some
other company and assure them that their data is safe a even your
admin cannot decipher the content of the DB.

I'd need someone's help if it's going to be released to the public :-)

Pawel Pierscionek,

/*
I couldn't possibly be wrong. I use an error correcting modem!
*/