Re: Postrgres data restoration problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jim Cochrane <jtc(at)dim(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postrgres data restoration problem
Date: 2003-12-11 14:15:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Jim Cochrane <jtc(at)dim(dot)com> writes:
> Anyway, I appreciate you guys' help. I've learned some new things about
> postgres.

One thing I hope you learned is to run something newer than 7.2.1.
If you still want to use the 7.2 series then 7.2.4 is the thing to
be using; although really 7.3.5 is the most stable release at this
instant. There is very seldom any good reason to be running anything
but the latest dot-release of whichever release series you are
using. In the case of 7.2 I know we fixed some critical bugs in
the dot-releases (though I don't have enough info to guess whether
one of them was what bit you).