Re: BUG #9722: select ILIKE is not case insensitive in UTF8 cyrillic

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: mv(at)netsurf(dot)bg
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #9722: select ILIKE is not case insensitive in UTF8 cyrillic
Date: 2014-03-25 14:21:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

mv(at)netsurf(dot)bg writes:
> test1=# select * from test1 where "TEXT" ilike '%';
> ID | TEXT
> ----+---------------
> 3 |
> 4 | 1
> (2 rows)

> test1=# select * from test1 where "TEXT" ilike '%';
> ID | TEXT
> (0 rows)

> hese two queries should return the same result.
> I don't had that problem in version 8.4.X.

Perhaps you don't have the database locale/encoding set correctly?
(Look at the lc_collate and lc_ctype settings, and compare to what
you were using in 8.4.)

Another possibility is that you changed machines and the new OS
doesn't have the right Cyrillic locale definition. PG mostly depends
on the OS' locale features to implement things like case folding.