How restore from file system with errors

From: Łukasz Indykiewicz <indul(at)poczta(dot)onet(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How restore from file system with errors
Date: 2010-12-02 23:45:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I had working postgresql installation on my server (debian) with - let
say - database A. Few days ago file system on my server had some errors
and parts of data disappeared. I gave my disk to guys, who can restore
data from broken disks. I know, that they are able to restore parts of
files from postgresql main directory. The subfolder with database A is
fully restored, but not all files from main postgresql folder. The
question is, is it possible to use these data on new server to restore
data from database A, and - if yes - how can it be done?

Thank you for all your answers in advance.

Łukasz Indykiewicz