Re: Upgrading to v12

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Brad White <b55white(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading to v12
Date: 2022-11-11 22:27:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Brad White <b55white(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> Can you do a pg_dump of that database?

> Yes. No visible problems. No errors reported.

Well, that's quite interesting, because pg_dump ought to read
all the same catalogs that pg_upgrade is failing to read.
So I'm not quite sure what's going on there. Nonetheless,
your path forward is clear: use pg_dump (or better pg_dumpall)
and then load the output into a freshly initdb'd v12 installation.
It'll be a bit slower than the pg_upgrade way, but it'll work.