Storing/sorting hex data in PostgreSQL

From: JJ <jayson(dot)prichard(at)comsouth(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Storing/sorting hex data in PostgreSQL
Date: 2009-07-20 19:59:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am parsing a map file and storing the hi, mid and low byte values of
symbol addresses in a comma separated value (.csv) file. I am then
importing this data into a PostgreSQL database with the copy
command.

The problem is that I want to sort and query the database based on the
hex addresses; from within another program using Npgsql (a .Net data
server for PostgreSQL).

How can I store hex values in PostgreSQL and sort and query them?