Re: BUG #17333: pgdg postgresql-common pg_upgradecluster duplicate data_directory in configuration file

From: Eric Meygret <eric(dot)meygret(at)free(dot)fr>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17333: pgdg postgresql-common pg_upgradecluster duplicate data_directory in configuration file
Date: 2021-12-10 19:55:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>> That script isn’t part of the core project so this list may not be the best place to report complaints.
sorry I was thinking that you mange also pgdg repository, where I can report that, I am afraid that to have same answer by the Debian team?

>> Doing testing on in a test environment first is another useful exercise.
That was on a test environnement :)

>> If you are going to go do customizations the fact that the scripts that are built without those customizations in mind fail to work properly isn’t a bug. I’d suggest you simply use the pg_upgrade tool directly if you don’t like (or adhere to) the assumptions built into the distro-specific scripts.
I like this tools, but I don't think that it is a choice to not follow "your" assumptions(I mean ignore first value), especially if it could lead to the deletion of data, but maybe I wrong.

thanks for your answer.
Eric